Where Is Sauble Beach: Sauble Beach is a sandy beach and unincorporated settlement in the province of Ontario, Canada, on the east shore of Lake Huron. It is a popular tourist destination.
The beach was named after a French adventurer who discovered the Sauble River (French: Rivière aux Saubles) and named it after him. John Eldrige, who moved to the area in 1877, was the first person to call it home. The Driftwood Café, the Sauble Lodge Motel, and other beachside facilities are among the many local attractions. The sandy beach spans approximately 11 kilometers, and the water quality is exceptionally good there.
Swimming, street parties, windsurfing, water skiing, fishing, golfing, bowling, tennis, and beach volleyball are some of the summertime activities to enjoy. In the winter, athletic activities such as snowmobiling and cross-country skiing are popular among the public.
On the beach, the Canadian National (Beach) Volleyball Championships are held every year, and the Sauble Beach Festival of the Classical Guitar Festival has been held every year since 2007. During the summer, the area is frequently used for student parties.
During the hot summer months, over 100,000 people are frequently seen on the beach. From May through August, the average temperature is around 20 degrees Celsius, but it can reach temperatures of more than 30 degrees Celsius.
It is a coastal village and unincorporated settlement located in the town of South Bruce Peninsula, Bruce County, in the northern portion of southern Ontario, Canada. It is home to the Sauble Beach Golf Course. In the Bruce Peninsula, near the eastern border of Lake Huron, and on the northern fringe of the Saugeen First Nation, is the community of Saugeen First.
Originally named “La Rivière Au Sable” (river to the sand) by early French explorers, the beach draws its name from the sandy Sauble River, which was named “La Rivière Au Sable” (river to the sand) to indicate that the river empties into Lake Huron at a sandy beach. The river was known by its French name on maps until 1881 when it was renamed the Sauble River. A sawmill and eventually a hydroelectric plant were erected on the river’s banks in the early years.
Long before any settlers arrived, the Anishinabek of the Saugeen Ojibway Nation, in search of a shorter and more secure path between Lake Huron and Georgian Bay, would cross the peninsula near the base of the mountain range. Upon entering the area that is now known as Wiarton, they would portage their canoes through the lakes and rivers that practically connected both coastlines, before continuing on to their destination.
According to legend, the Rankin Portage was used by early French explorers to travel between the different indigenous towns that existed in the area and avoid the often dangerous waters off the tip of Cape Breton’s northwestern tip.
In order to get around a waterfall at the Lake Huron coast, the route required one final portage. The river was given the name “La Riviere au Sable” by the French explorers, which means “the river to the sand” in English. After that, the river was known as the Sauble until 1881, when a mapmaker, probably accidentally, labeled it with the name “Sauble.”